The course is a comprehensive practical accounting training program designed to build the bridge between knowledge and practical aspects of accounting. It will provide a foundational understanding of Accounting and its importance within an organization and introduce participants to basic accounting skills which are applicable in a working accounting environment.
- Enable learners to understand the purpose of accounting, the associated processes, and its role in the managing of a business.
- Help learners to develop the skills and knowledge needed to understand financial information.
- Introduce techniques of assessment and analysis of financial information of a business for decision making.
Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
- Understand the basic aspects and principles related to accounting.
- Record Business Transactions.
- Understand and calculate end of year adjustments.
- Understand Test and control systems.
- Prepare and analyze simple financial statements.
- Understand Local Taxation
● Users of financial information
● International accounting terminology
● The accounting cycle
● The accounting equation
● Ledgers and application of double entry rules
● Provision for doubtful debts
● Accruals and Prepayments
● The Sales Ledger Control Account
● The Purchases Ledger Control Account
● Bank Reconciliation
● Interpret financial statements and perform analytical commentary on the financial results.
● Statutory deductions (NIS, PAYE and HS)
● Income, corporation tax computations