This course introduces students to the networking field. Upon completion, students should be able to perform tasks related to basic network design, planning and configuration, network troubleshooting using the OSI model, network security, subnetting and documentation.
- Introduction to Networking
- Cabling and Connectors
- Networking Devices Overview
- Network Architecture and Design
- Network Fundamentals
- IP Addressing and Subnetting
- Routing and Switching
- Network Services / Devices & Technologies
- Network Troubleshooting and Tools
- Network Security
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain key networking concepts using proper terminology.
- Perform Binary Math Operations for IP Addresses and Subnetting
- Identify advantages and disadvantages of existing network configurations and recommend solutions.
- Recognize and mitigate security threats for a SOHO network.
- Verify and troubleshoot network and Internet connectivity.
- Design and Implement a Small Office / Home Office (SOHO) network.