Human Resource Management
This course will provide a foundational understanding of Human Resource Management (HRM) and its importance within an organization. We live in a world characterized by rapid change, globalization, and diversity. HRM will offer insights into the importance of the key functional HRM areas to organizational success. It will also provide guidance for potential HR professionals and managers to create an ethical and healthy work climate.
- To devise, implement and monitor policies which satisfy both the financial and psychological needs of employees by motivating and committing them towards achievement of the organization’s goals.
- To balance the needs of the organization with those of the employees.
- To match the skills of the workforce with the ever-changing requirements of the organization.
- To maximize the skills of individual employees.
- Identify, describe and explain the importance of the key functions of human Resource Management.
- Explain the strategic and administrative roles that the Human Resource function plays in an organisation.
- Describe the current and future challenges facing Human Resource practitioners.
- Outline the policies and explain the theories and strategies, used by HR practitioners, to address contemporary HR issues.
- Analyse current HR practices in the context of these policies, theories and strategies