This unit introduces participants to the fundamentals of electrical power and machines. This course covers the theoretical concepts associated with power distribution systems, alternating current and direct current motors, both single phase and three phase, power generation along with other areas that aid with the generation, distribution and utilization of electrical power.
- Series circuits
- Parallel circuits
- Combination circuits
- Complex impedance
- Transformer design
- Star and delta configuration
- Calculations for these types of configurations
- Metering and load calculation
- Ac VS Dc for distribution
- 3Ph Vs 1Ph Applications.
- Circuit and calculations
- Automatic transfer switch (ATS)
Upon completion of this course students will:
- Understand and perform basic and advanced calculations for electrical resistance and impedance
- Apply an understanding of the construction and different configurations of transformers to troubleshoot problems
- Able to apply an understanding of AC and DC machines to make recommendations and solve problems.
- Understand & apply concepts of power distribution to troubleshoot and make recommendations