Engineering is a discipline that uses scientific theory to design, develop or maintain structures, machines, systems and processes. Engineers are therefore required to have a broad knowledge of the science that is applicable to the industry around them. Engineering Fundamentals involves the application of creative reasoning, science, mathematics and problem solving skills.
- In this course, you will learn how to use fundamental engineering knowledge to develop your scientific, communication and problem-solving skills utilizing the laws and applications of the physical sciences within engineering and applying this knowledge to find solutions to a variety of engineering problems.Among the topics included in this course are: the international system of units, data interpretation, static and dynamic forces, fluid mechanics and thermodynamics, material properties and failure, and D.C circuit theories.
Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
- Examine and analyze scientific data using computational methods.
- Determine parameters within mechanical engineering systems.
- Explore the characteristics and properties of engineering materials.
- Analyze applications of electrical principles and properties